Athletes are expected to run an uphill course of 4km (1.160m altitude), starting from Spilia at 850m altitude and finishing at the Peak of Kissavos, “Profitis Ilias”, rising to 1,978m high.
Regulations - Participation Terms
PARTICIPATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- •Athletes must be aged 16 years and over on the date of the race with consent from the person exercising parental authority.
- • By enrolling in the race, athletes agree and accept the risks inherent to the nature of the event and certify that they are medically fit and have recently passed a medical examination in order to participate in and compete under the given conditions.
- • The event organizers shall not be responsible for any injury, harm or accident, which may occur to the athletes during the race or for any health problems due to a lack of preventive medical check-up.
- • The event organizers shall not accept any responsibility for any claim of injury or harm arising directly or indirectly out of any act or omission, including negligent acts or negligent omissions by the athletes. Athletes accept and acknowledge the dangers associated with participating in this event and take on their own responsibility the risk of participating and competing under the given conditions and the fact that they alone will be responsible for their own safety actions.
- • The event organizers shall not be held responsible for any injury, accident, loss or damage suffered by them or property belonging to them that may occur during the event, or as a consequence of their participation in the event.
- • Athletes run at their own risk! All participants are called upon to have recently passed a medical examination and be fit to run. By submitting the application form, runners declare that they are aware of the dangers that exist in a mountainous environment and that their state of health allows them to race, therefore they are not required to provide a medical certificate.
- • Participants under 18 years of age, who wish to race must have a signed statement from a parent or legal guardian stating the fact that permission is granted. This statement should be handed over to the Registry. Minors without parental consent will be refused admittance.
- • All runners must follow the rules of conduct scrupulously. The event organizers reserve the right to disqualify an athlete, who behaves inappropriately, prior to, during and post the event.
- • The event organizers reserve the right to disqualify an athlete, who drops litter outside the catering zones.
- • All runners agree that the event organizers may use photographs and/or pictures and/or films of any athlete before, during and after the event for promotional and public relations purposes on any media and at any time, without remuneration.
- • Upon registration, athletes (and partners) agreed to adhere to the present terms and conditions of the event and accept any penalties imposed following a breach.
Upon submission of a registration form, participants agree that their personal data, namely their name, surname, age, and group to which they belong to will appear on the website www.cyclinghellas.gr.
Cycling Hellas guarantees that the personal data are used for reasons related to identity verification, proper information dissemination and communication streamline.
Other personal data, including but not limited to: father’s name, date of birth, phone number and email address, which are voluntary provided during registration and/or use of the website, shall be kept confidential and remain the sole and exclusive property of Cycling Hellas.
Cycling Hellas shall not publish, disclose, transfer, release, or divulge, either directly or indirectly any such confidential information to any third party.
Online registration for all categories opens Friday, July 20 and the closing date is set on Saturday, September 15 at 23:00.
* Entry fees are non-refundable in case of athlete withdrawal
Race numbers can be collected from the Registry, on Sunday, October 7, on the day of the event, from 09:00 to 10:30.
* Handbags can be left at the Registry until 14:00. All items collected will then be taken to the Finish area.
Registration is considered valid on the condition that it has been successfully submitted online, with runners being responsible for the correctness of the data provided and the registration fee of 10€
The participants must fill the electronic form-declaration and with its submission they accept all the above regulations and terms of the event.
Deposit on the following account:
IBAN: GR30 0172 6080 0056 0806 2675 523 - Piraeus Bank
RECIPIENT: Dalavikas Kostas / Tsesmetzidou Despoina
COMMENTS: the name of the race “Kissavos Vertical Race” and the full name of the depositor.
Each runner will receive:
- An event T-shirt for those who register timely until 20/09
- A commemorative medal
- Water supply
- Free snack (an energy bar and a fruit) at the Finish area
- First aid services
- Handback storage and delivery at the Finish area
- Lunch at Spilia village offered at the special price of 8 euros
- Best hotel deals in the area
*Runners can collect their belongings 200m from the finish line and then walk 15min to EOS refuge where they will be offered free snacks.
Medical staff will be available. In case of an injury, an illness or other reason, runners are requested to contact the medical staff for first aid provision.
The award ceremony will take place at the Refuge. The presence of the winners is mandatory.
Winners’ cups, medals and diplomas will be awarded to the first winners of each category (men & women). Second and third place winners will be awarded with a medal and a diploma.
All runners will receive a commemorative medal regardless of the final outcome.
Course Technical Briefing
A race/technical briefing will be conducted on Monday at 07:00 at the Start area.
* Trekking poles/walking sticks are allowed during the race.
There are kilometer (km) indexes at every kilometer of the course.
The time limit to finish the race is set to 3 hours and 30 minutes from start time.
There will be a refreshment station at 2km, providing water either in cups or in the athletes own bottles and one more at the Finish area serving water plus an energy bar and a fruit for each athlete.
The organizers reserve the right to amend, modify, supplement or even waive in exceptional or unforeseen circumstances the race regulations, without any prior notice or any reasons thereof. Any changes will be timely posted on the website or social media.
In cases of exceptional circumstances or other force majeure incident, the organizers reserve the right to decide on the postponement or the cancellation of the event. In such cases, entrants are entitled to 100% refund of the registration fee.
A runner short cutting shall be disqualified from the race. In the event of a runner not following the full and correct route, and that this misdirection was found not to be by fault of the route marking, that runner shall be disqualified.
Time and position results will only count for those runners having completed the correct route as prepared by the organizers.
Disqualification will also be imposed to runners dropping litter on the route.
OBJECTIONS – OFFICIAL RESULTS
If an appeal is not received within 15 minutes of finishing, the results shall stand.
Runners with a formal complaint, claim or objection can do so in writing themselves to the members of the organizing committee.
The company Cyclinghellas has undertaken the coordination of the event, www.cyclinghellas.gr.
The event is supported by experienced athletes and organizers in the field of sports and nature.